Wednesday 20 August 2014

Tomatoe & Caramelised Onion Tart.



All the ingredients to make the tart topping.
 
Hello and welcome to my Blog!
 Today I decided to bake a Tomatoe and Caramelised Onion Tart. It is delicious and is very easy to make!
 
 Ingredients
3 large ripe tomatoes
A handful of cherry tomatoes
1 red onion
2 spring onions
2 gloves of garlic
2 sprigs of rosemary
A handful of basil leaves
2 sprigs of mint
Olive oil
1 teaspoon of salt & pepper
1 sheet of pre rolled puff pastry
 
optional extras
dried mixed herbs
chilli flakes
dried oregano 

Hand picked from my garden
 To begin, I started with making the caramelised onion chutney. I heated olive oil in a frying pan and added chopped red onion, spring onion and some cherry tomatoes. I allowed this to cook down and stirred occasionally for 15 minutes until golden brown.
 
 
 
I then preheated the oven to 200 degrees and lined a tray with baking paper. I cut the puff pasty into a circle shape and placed on tray.
I then lightly scored pastry with a fork to allow for it to rise.
 
 
 
I placed the caramelised onion in the middle of the tart and topped with sliced tomatoes. I baked this tart for 20 minutes till nice and golden brown.
 
 
 
To make the olive oil dressing I chopped up basil, rosemary, mint and garlic and used a pestle and mortar to grind these down into a paste.
 
 
 
Once out of the oven I drizzled the dressing over the tart and garnished with extra basil and seasoned with salt and pepper!


This tart is lovely as a light lunch or snack and tastes very fresh.

Please click g+ to follow my blog for weekly updates on lifestyle, fashion, travel and much more.

Comment below if you have any good recipe ideas which you would like to share.

I hope you have a lovely day! :)
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment